Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Now Introducing...

As I shared in Monday's Bumpdate, our Little Buddy now has a name, and I am so excited to share it with all of you!!!

Without further ado....

~~~~~

Liam Joseph Stochel

~~~~~

Liam is a form of William and is of an Irish origin. After I learned that it meant "unwavering protector," I just fell in love with it. I think Liam is a perfect name for someone who will one day be an older brother, perhaps to a little sister. :) TJ liked the name right away too, but he just wanted to be extra sure before we committed to it. On Monday, when he told me we could name him Liam, I was just so happy.

We knew we wanted to use a family name for the middle name, and it didn't take long before we decided on Joseph. We have some Joseph's on both sides of the family {including TJ's paternal grandfather and also my brother, who will be Liam's Godfather} so it works out perfectly. Joseph is also a little more biblical than Liam, although there is a St. William too.




I've already been calling him our sweet little Liam for days. I just love the sound of it. :)


25 comments:

Nikki said...

LOVE the name Liam! And Liam Joseph just flows so well together! Love the pic adorable!

Stoltzfus Family said...

I love the name Liam for a boy!
I just started following you :)
I'm pregnant too (with our 3rd!). We're having a baby girl & we're not quite set on a name yet!
You've inspired me to track my progress more on my blog to share & connect with others! Check me out sometime & follow along!
http://cbstoltzfus-intothewildblue.blogspot.com/

Lauran {The Real Young Housewife of Southern VA} said...

Ohh I love it love it love it!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome, perfect name! Can't wait to follow the rest of your pregnancy with sweet little Liam :)

Shannon said...

Such a sweet name!

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

I love Liam! William was on my list but then I wanted to call him Liam. It's such a strong name and I love that it had meaning to your family. It's so fun to be able to call our bellies something lol.

Audra said...

I LOVE the name Liam! Excited to follow along with you. We're still trying to come up with a name for baby girl #2 - so stressful!

Anonymous said...

Great name, Em! He'll fit in perfectly when you send him to ND with all the other "Irish" kids. :-)

Amanda said...

Love the name! It flows so well together :)

Laura said...

YAY! congrats on having a name! It makes it so much more real and special being able to call them by name. Liam is a great name!

Maggie said...

Love the name Liam! It's perfect!

Emily said...

I LOVE the name! I worked at a day care for a year when I was in college, and there was a little guy in my group named Liam.. Cutest. Kid. Ever! Seriously, he was adorable! And I just know your Liam will be, too :)

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

I LOVE the name!!

We are having the hardest time picking out a name. We keep going back to one particular name, so I am pretty sure that will be the little man's name, but I don't think either of us have completely fallen in love with it yet. I'm sure it will happen soon enough.

YAY Little Liam!!

Liberty Pike said...

Oh! I love it! Makes me want to find out what our little one is so that I can call "it" by a name too! Must be sooo much nicer than calling it "it" or "baby."

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

I am absolutely in love with the name! Congrats!!

Kim S said...

Liam's been at the top of my favorite baby names for years, so I don't think I have to tell you that I LOVE the name you chose!

Julie Rogers said...

Super cute blog---just found you through another blogger:) Looks like you are due with your first boy!!! YEAH---I have two boys and a little girl on the way. It's awesome and life changing! We are going to host a "prepping for baby week" in a few weeks so stay tuned to our blog for baby related posts and giveaways at http://www.thechirpingmoms.com!

Looking forward to reading more! New follower!
Julie

Julie Rogers said...

Super cute blog---just found you through another blogger:) Looks like you are due with your first boy!!! YEAH---I have two boys and a little girl on the way. It's awesome and life changing! We are going to host a "prepping for baby week" in a few weeks so stay tuned to our blog for baby related posts and giveaways at http://www.thechirpingmoms.com!

Looking forward to reading more! New follower!
Julie

Emily C said...

Hi, I am a new follower (& new public blogger). You are adorable...and so is that name! Congrats on the precious baby boy:)

Kristin said...

love the name!!! i think it is sweet. :)

Leslie said...

So sweet!! Love his name...and love your blog :)

Callie said...

I love the name and the meaning behind it!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower. :) Congrats on your little Liam! I have a son who just turned 2, and another due at the end of March. Looking forward to watching your journey!

Megan said...

Precious, precious name!! I love it!! Doesn't it make it SO SO real when they have a name?!

Britt said...

I am totally late to the party, but I love the name! I bet it is a crazy, amazing feeling to have decided the name of your son.

 
site design by designer blogs