Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vacation Day 4 & 5 {Pool Time}

Before I get to vacation, I was able to talk my hubby into going to Orangeleaf after dinner last night. {Thankfully, it didn't take too much to convince him.} I had quite a mish-mash of strawberry cheesecake yogurt, cookies & cream and coffee yogurt, strawberries, chocolate covered peanuts, malted milk balls, fruity pebbles, granola, and some graham cracker crumbs. TJ's eyes were bigger than his stomach, so I had to help him polish off his yogurt too. Oh, darn...

Isn't it lovely?

They gave us a rewards card, so it looks like we'll be going back all spring and summer....

~~~~~

In case you missed my first couple posts from our Orlando vacation last week, you can read about our first couple days here and our day at Disney here.

Friday was our last full day, and the weather was beautiful again, so what better way to spend the day than by relaxing at the pool?!??

gorgeous sky

TJ and my mom

Okay, so I may have lied a little bit. We may have been at the pool, but it wasn't all R&R for me. I hadn't studied at all yet on vacation...well, really since the previous weekend, so I was feeling a little guilty. The binder made an appearance on Friday {and a little bit on Saturday}, so I got a little something done. 


So why was I studying? Well, I take the Family Medicine Boards on April 16, which is getting ever-so-close. Yikes. These are the big girl boards, the ones that make me able to say that I'm a Board-Certified Family Physician, and happen to be the ones that cost a hefty $1300 to answer hundreds of questions. Based on our in-training exams that we take every year as residents, I should be just fine when it comes to passing the Boards, but I can't help but get nervous and feel like I have to study a bunch for the test. {And make me feel really guilty when I'm not...}

Anyways, back to vacation. Studying is not quite as bad when you can take a dip in the pool during a study break. And having a drink within arm's reach makes it a little better too.


For dinner on Friday night, we went to Tommy Bahama's. It's the same as the clothing line, but apparently they have restaurants too. It was very yummy and in a fun little outdoor shopping area with lots of palm trees. If you're ever in the International Drive area near the Convention Center, I highly recommend it.



I started Saturday with a 4 mile run around the resort, and of course stopping to take pretty pictures along the way....

I took this with my iPhone 4s camera!




 We spent a few hours at the pool before we I had to pack, and we got ready to go home. :(

Bye Orlando!


A yummy martini in the airport before our flight. A good end to a great {but way too short} vacation!

emily

4 comments:

Hilliary Meisner said...

Love all the pictures from your vacation! Your frozen yogurt looks delicious! Good luck with your boards, you can do it!

poptartyogini said...

Best of luck with your boards. I'm sure you'll pass with flying colors. Your trip looked amazing. They always seem too short!

Anonymous said...

great pics!

grandma olberding said...

Emily, what a pleasure it was to relive all the events of your wedding. That day (almost three years ago) was so enjoyable for me, at my age.

Your photos from Florida were stunning, what great Desktop's they would make!

I know you will do great on your exam. LOL grandma olberding

 
site design by designer blogs