Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Running for Fro-Yo

I do realize that I already posted this morning, but, lucky for you, you also get to hear what I'm loving today! {I promise this post will be a lot shorter and have far fewer pictures than my wedding ones!}

Running...

I am totally loving that I got up and ran 5 miles this morning before work. My training for the Mini {a half marathon at the beginning of May to kick off the Indy 500 festival} has been a little slower than I had hoped, thanks to some wonderful iliotibial {IT} band pain that I was having a couple months ago. I am happy to say that I've been knee pain-free for my runs the last couple of weeks, but I'm a little behind my training schedule. {I should have done several 8-10 mile runs by now and the longest I've done is 5 a couple of times.} I'm going to attempt a 6-8 {hopefully 8!} mile run this weekend...I'll let you know how it goes! But for now, I'm just happy that I got a solid 5 in this morning. {Oh, and the awesome music on Pitbull Radio via Pandora was good too.}

Fro-Yo...

Several weeks ago when I was at the local CVS, I noticed that there was a new store/shop going in the same strip mall. When I realized it was an Orangeleaf Frozen Yogurt place, I was super excited. Well, I had to pick up a prescription at the same CVS last night after my eye doctor appointment, and I was happy to see that it's now open! I held back the urge to call my hubby to see if we could have ice cream for dinner, but you better believe I told him about it when I got home. Since I've already worked out today, maybe I can convince him to go there tonight after dinner.... {babe, I know you're probably reading this...sound good?} :)



Breakfast for Dinner...

Since we didn't have fro-yo for dinner, I thought the next best option would be breakfast for dinner! I could seriously eat breakfast food all the time...even cereal will do. I was happy that TJ was okay with that idea, so I whipped up these pancakes and some blueberry sauce while he cut the strawberries. I had never made that pancake recipe before, but I will be making it again and again! They were so light and fluffy...delicious! Especially with the berries and whipped cream on top! Yum!





emily

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum!

Hilliary Meisner said...

Yum, love froyo! I think it would be so fun to run the mini before the Indy 500... maybe I should come back sometime just to run it! Those pancakes look amazing!

Kristin said...

those pancakes look super yummy!

poptartyogini said...

We just got a Menchies and I can't wait to try it. I just did pancakes for dinner over the weekend for the first time. I've been missing so much!!

Melissa said...

Love Orange Leaf, we just got one close to our house! Love all the flavors and that they switch them monthly!!

Anonymous said...

I love breakfast for dinner! Those pancakes look so good!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Love frozen yogurt! One of my biggest pregnancy cravings right now--and breakfast for dinner is always good :)

 
site design by designer blogs