A couple weekends ago, TJ and I spent 3 long hours at our local Buy Buy Baby registering for our sweet little Liam. Of course, there was part of me that was excited about it all {shopping, yay!}, but I think it's more accurate to say that I was overwhelmed. I had been doing a fair amount of research online, so I kind of had an idea of things that I wanted/didn't want, but it's a little different when you're in the store and there are a million strollers and carseats in front of you.
After checking in with the lady at the registry desk, she led us over to the strollers and carseats to begin the fun {sarcasm intended}. I figured we would get either the Chicco {pronounced key-co} or Britax {pronounced bry-tax} car seat due to high safety ratings. I like things to match, so I also figured that we would get a coordinating stroller. We spent close to an hour and a half testing out various strollers {Chicco, Britax, CityMini} and trying them with different carseats. My top two picks were the Britax B-Agile and the CityMini GT, but ended up going with Britax in the end. Going into the whole registry thing, I thought that I would want the Britax B-Ready since it has the capability of changing into a 2-seat stroller in the future, but after talking to the salesman and seeing how it worked, the second seat just didn't seem very functional. Plus the B-Ready was much bigger than the B-Agile, and I like the 3-wheel design of the B-Agile...very easy to maneuver. So here is the stroller and car seat combo...I love the tan color!
However, as much as I LOVE the tan, I may end up going with all black. You see, my diaper bag came the other day, so last night, I had to go out to Buy Buy Baby to test out my diaper bag/stroller combo. Call me ridiculous and/or crazy, but I have this thing about stuff matching, and my bag and stroller are no exception. I think I know what I'm going to do, but I'd love to know...What are your thoughts?
There are lots of fun accessories to go with the Britax travel system...the stroller travel bag, the car seat travel bag, the stroller organizer, and the child tray for when Liam is a little older. We also registered for a couple extra car seat bases {one for TJ's car, one for my mom's car}, a mirror for the car {couldn't decide between this one and this one}, sun shades, and a storage pouch for the side of his car seat.
Tan....
Or black....
There are lots of fun accessories to go with the Britax travel system...the stroller travel bag, the car seat travel bag, the stroller organizer, and the child tray for when Liam is a little older. We also registered for a couple extra car seat bases {one for TJ's car, one for my mom's car}, a mirror for the car {couldn't decide between this one and this one}, sun shades, and a storage pouch for the side of his car seat.
We haven't decided on a baby carrier yet...we were so exhausted that we didn't spend time looking and testing out all the different carriers. I've heard good things about the ErgoBaby carrier, but I need to do some research before we choose anything. I did have a bunch of people recommend the Moby Wrap as a nice way to "wear your baby" if you need to get stuff done around the house. Honestly, it looks somewhat confusing, but I guess we won't know if we like it until Liam is here and we try it out.
Any mamas out there with baby carrier recommendations? Did I miss anything as far as getting Liam from one place to another? Please help!
Stay tuned for the next part of our registry...all about feeding Liam!







14 comments:
I wish so badly we would have gone with the Britax stroller/car seat!! Good choice!!
I love that diaper bag, I have it in orange and khaki!
Our son had HORRENDOUS colic the first 4 months of his life. The only thing that helped was a Moby wrap. However, the Moby drove me absolutely bonkers trying to tie it. It would always take me about 3-4 attempts to get it right and when he was screaming that made it particularly stressful. The tying also prevented me from ever taking it out in public to wear. We have since bought an ERGObaby carrier that converts from front to side to back carrying. It was pricier than some carriers you can buy ($100 on Amazon) but it is SO worth it. I take that bad boy everywhere and when he was a little older I started wearing it as a Moby replacement during colic episodes and it worked just as well. It's also fantastic because he usually won't sleep if we're at someone else's house, regardless of whether we bring our pack n play, so if he gets tired I can pop him in the ERGO and he will usually nap for about 45 minutes in there so that he doesn't become overtired. So worth it!
OH. Also, for your car seat, if you are a 2-car family I highly recommend you buy a car seat base. There is one in each of our cars and it makes leaving so much easier. You just pop the seat into the base of either car instead of messing with seatbelts every time.
I think the black looks better with your diaper bag
I like the black much better with your diaper bag too. :) We're going with the black just because a) Hubs doesn't like any of the colors and b)stains will disappear since we'll use it for all the kids we have. :)
I was interested on your thoughts about the Ready v. Agile since you know we initially wanted the Agile too. I think what sold me on the Ready was a) my friend's super positive experience with it and b) that you can buy an adapter so the infant seat can ride in the "rumble" position so the older, more aware kid doesn't have to. Then, foreseeably, the little one would transition easily into the rumble seat and by the time they needed more space, the first kid would be able to vacate the front seat. Who knows though! We might end up needing a secondary double jogger stroller for side-by-sides when the kids are bigger. Who knows though! It seems so far away! I do wish our BabysRUS stocked the Ready so we could see it in person before we buy. At least Amazon has a good return policy in case we decide we really don't like it!
As far as a carrier, we heard really good things about the Infantino (shoot, I don't remember if that is for sure the name!) and found it SUPER cheap on Zulily (you know about that site right?!) and for a soft wrap, I have my eyes on the Happy wrap. It is making the rounds on the blogosphere and seems to be a really good wrap (recently on thewiegands.com with a giveaway too!).
That's pretty much it....I'm just jealous how far you are in the nursery department! We are collecting pieces here and there but haven't really done anything yet! (We were holding off till our roof was replaced since there was some leaking in that room but that is done and now we have ZERO excuses.)
Okay, I dug through my baby stuff and found out the actual name of the carrier we got: Lillebaby EveryWear carrier. :)
I like the black stroller with your bag!
Also, get stroller hooks that you can clip other bags onto them. My cousin has them for her twin stroller and says its a life safer!!
what kind of diaper bag is that? ** must.have ** :)
I know I told you already but I LOVE our b-agile stroller. the one front wheel is so maneuverable and I can get it in and out of the trunk in a snap, which is handy when going to Target-Marshalls-Kroger etc on a shopping day. We have the black and I like it- very versatile and it looks nice (which you know, seeing it in the store). Tan might be better for not showing dirt though- that wasn't a choice when we bought ours.
We have a baby bjorn carrier and I like it but I think any of them are probably fine. I wouldn't get a super cheap one, but some babies don't like them so don't spend a fortune either... that goes for most baby products!
Look at the gorgeous Kate Spade diaper bag hanging so fabulously from the stroller! I looove it!!! Fashionista Momma for sure!
Oooh we have the same Britax combo...and we got black--hubs choice ha. My in-laws got it for us from Amazon and it came with a child's tray :) We haven't taken it out of the box yet, but I can't wait to take little man around in it!
I don't know if you've chosen yet but I think I like the black with your diaper bag!
We have this carseat and stroller! We got red for our little guy. We love it--esp as a travel system. Now that we are using the stroller without the carseat (my guy is almost 9 months old), I have to say that the back is quite reclined....it's a little difficult for a little one to sit up straight to look around. May be something to consider. I *think* we would still buy this again. But not 100% sure because of that reason.
And this is too weird....I also have a black & white striped Kate Spade diaper bag. I would say the black version, red version, or lime version would go best with your bag :))
New follower :))
I love the all black... Looking at baby stuff is sooo stressful! How did you narrow stuff down?!?
Post a Comment