Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekend in Pictures

Happy Monday morning, friends! This weekend was super busy, but really awesome. I'll just let the pictures do the talking {plus I'm tired and I need to get to bed...I'm writing this on Sunday night}.

If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen some of these, so sorry for the repeats!


Friday morning was spent on the football field learning how to properly spine board an athlete in the event that you're concerned about a spine injury. It was a good morning, but I hope I rarely have to use this knowledge over the next year!

After work on Friday, TJ and I drove up to Chicago for the Pitbull concert. We had been planning on visiting his mom and some of his high school friends this weekend anyway {they all live about 45 min outside Chicago}, but when TJ saw that Pitbull was playing Friday night, we knew we had to go. The concert was at the Charter One Pavilion, and, as you can see, the view was awesome.










It was a great concert, and I think we danced for 2 hours straight!

Afterwards, we drove back to TJ's mom's and stayed there Friday and Saturday night. Saturday was a little bit of a lazy day, watching the Olympics and relaxing, but I did fit in a couple mile run which felt good. I had an all-American snack after my run...Go USA!


Saturday afternoon, we went to Albanese Candy Factory to stock up on sweets. And, oh boy, we did.

a kid in a candy store

caramel apple pops...my favorite!

That night, we went out to a nice dinner on Cedar Lake. Our meal was fabulous, and the scenery for our after-dinner drinks was pretty great too. I could have sat on those rocking chairs for hours...


TJ and his mom

On Sunday morning, we drove home, then rode with my parents towards Cincinnati where we met up with my Grandma, one of my aunts, and some of my cousins. We went to a late lunch/early dinner to celebrate my Grandma's and my dad's birthdays, both of which were earlier this week.

my Grandma in her birthday tiara with the purple {her favorite color} purse we got her

All in all, a great weekend filled with lots of time with my hubby and our families. I'm back to work full-force today, so now the real fun begins!!

Have a great week!

xo, emily

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs