Good morning friends! I'm finally home! After being up for almost 24 hours yesterday, I was so happy to crash last night in my own bed. There's nothing quite like it after being gone for 10 days. Since I'm off work until I start my fellowship on July 23rd, I was planning on sleeping in till whenever I just happened to wake up. Unfortunately, even though I went to bed around 11, I woke up at 3am, again at 5am, 6am, then around 7am, I just decided to get out of bed. My body is still on London time {5 hours ahead of Indy time}. Oh well, if I get super tired later today, I can always take a nap. :)
I wanted to share a few pics with you today....I took about 400 pictures on my iPhone, my mom took around 100 on her point and shoot camera, and my dad took over 600 with his DSLR. So far, I've uploaded mine and my mom's, and plan on getting my dad's later today.
Anyways, here are some of the highlights! If you follow me on Instagram {and if you don't, you should @pagingdrgrace!}, you may have seen some of these already!
Enjoy!
 |
| all checked in and ready to go! |
 |
| flight from Chicago to London |
 |
| made it to London! |
 |
| right outside our hotel in Paris...the Eiffel Tower was just down the street! |
 |
| Eiffel Tower at night |
 |
| French cafe for breakfast |
 |
| on top of the Eiffel Tower |
 |
| TJ outside the Louvre |
 |
| on top of the Arc de Triomphe |
 |
| English Channel, Normandy |
 |
| yummy mussels and frites in Normandy |
 |
| Omaha Beach, one of the landing beaches for the American troops on D-Day |
 |
| The American Cemetery in Normandy...incredible. |
 |
| Pointe du Hoc...another one of the D-Day landing sites |
 |
| my family minus mom at our friend's wedding in Normandy |
 |
| my parents at the wedding |
 |
| last day in Trouville-sur-mer, Normandy |
 |
| walking along the boardwalk by the English Channel |
 |
| telephone booth in London! |
 |
| outside Buckingham Palace |
 |
| countdown to the Olympics in Trafalgar Square |
 |
| Back in Chicago before our drive home to Indy! |
Our trip was absolutely incredible. Definitely once-in-a-lifetime to have 10 days in Europe with my parents, brother, and hubby. We saw some amazing things, and I have so much more that I want to share and tell you about. I plan on starting my detailed recaps on Monday, so stay tuned! Have a great day!
xo, emily
3 comments:
Such great pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful time !
Looks like you guys had a great time! Cant wait to hear about everything!
WOW! Looks like you guys had a blast! I am so jealous :) Was it hard returning back to work after such a fabulous vacay?
Post a Comment