Thursday, June 21, 2012

Grinning from Ear to Ear

I can't help it. I'm just happy today.

1. First off, I PASSED MY FAMILY MEDICINE BOARDS! This means that I can be a board-certified family physician! I was so nervous when I saw the email while I was out running, and I think my heart was pounding out of my chest as I waited for the screen to load after I logged in to get my results. I was so incredibly relieved when I saw this pop up...

Woo hoo! The 390 was the minimum passing score, and I'm happy to say that I did much better than that! Yay!

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you may remember me babbling on and on about studying for the boards. Thankfully, I won't have to study for the FM boards again for awhile. Unfortunately, next summer will bring studying for my Sports Medicine boards. I'm okay with that though because that means I'll be a Sports Medicine physician! :)

2. Like I mentioned already, I went for a run today -- in the middle of the day, mind you -- and it was HOT. The heat index was probably in the 90s. I managed to run 4 miles and walk 3...I'm not sure how I did it, but I know I pulled that last mile out after I saw my score results. It definitely put a spring in my step!

3. My mom and I got our nails done yesterday. Let me tell you, shellac manicures are the best! They're dry immediately, and they stay so shiny! I couldn't resist getting a French manicure...after all, I will be in France in a couple days!


4. I can't believe tomorrow is my LAST DAY of residency! It's amazing how fast the past 3 years have gone! I'm looking forward to celebrating with my family and all my co-residents and faculty at our graduation on Saturday night. There will definitely be a lot of laughs, as the class below us gets to roast the 3rd year residents and our class gets to roast the faculty. It should be a great night!

5. Tomorrow also happens to be the Dave Matthews Band concert here in Indy. This concert has been a summertime staple with my friends for a long time...I can't wait for a beautiful night outside listening to some great music!

If you made it this far, thanks for reading...sorry I can't stop smiling!

me right after I saw my scores...so happy!

xo, emily

5 comments:

Lauran {The Real Young Housewife of Southern VA} said...

Congratulations love!!! That is something to be incredibly proud of!!! Hope you have the most enjoyable weekend ever!! Xoxo!

Kristin said...

Congrats on passing your boards!! What a major accomplishment. :)

Nikki said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Maggie said...

Congrats!

Britt said...

Congratulations! What a major accomplishment {passing the boards and running in the heat}! What a perfect way to celebrate by going to Europe!

 
site design by designer blogs