Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Blueberry Peach Cobbler {Tasty Tuesday}

A couple weeks ago, I made a super easy fruit cobbler. I'm talking really easy, like only 3-4 ingredients easy.



Ingredients
Blueberries
Peaches
1 box streusel coffee cake mix
1 stick butter, melted


 I love peaches in the summer time!

First step {if you're using peaches} is to peel them. I don't know about you, but I hate this part. Thankfully, blanching them first is a really handy dandy way to make peeling the peaches much less troublesome.

All you have to do is boil some water in a small saucepan...


Hold the peach under water for about 30-45 seconds {I had to continuously roll it around for all of it to get in the water}...


Then dunk it into an ice bath.


The peel comes right off! {If it doesn't work the first time, just dunk it a second time!}


Next, grease your pan {I used a 9 x 13}


Then spread all your yummy fruit in it!



As you can see, I used peaches and blueberries, but I'm sure this would taste great with any kind of fruit!

Grab your box of cake mix, and spread it evenly over the top of your fruit.


My mix had a separate streusel topping packet, so I put that over the cake mix.


The last step is to take your 1/2 cup of melted butter and drizzle it all over the top!



 Pop it in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, and you're done!



I highly recommend serving it warm out of the oven with ice cream...enjoy!!!

{a special thanks to my aunt Diane who gave me this recipe...I will be making it all summer long!}

xo,
emily

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow I don't think this could get any easier! I must try this! Thanks for sharing!

Pink Lace and Cupcakes said...

Yum this looks amazing!! I am saving this for when our local orchard sells buckets of them!

Amanda said...

YUM! Peaches are one of my favorite fruits!

Britt said...

This looks so yummy!

 
site design by designer blogs