I love weekends. I love 3-day Holiday weekends even more. Who doesn't?!??
This weekend was no exception. Friday night was spent having a nice dinner at Patrick's in downtown Zionsville. I hadn't been there for dinner in a long, long time, and it was fun to sit on their outside patio on Main Street.
{Yummy Abita beer brewed just outside NOLA}
{my parents}
On Saturday, TJ and I drove to Cincinnati to visit my aunt and uncle and see a little baseball. After dinner at Skyline Chili {yum!}, we went downtown for the Reds game. My parents are both from Cincinnati, so we grew up as Reds fans. TJ and I just like going to various sporting events {if you couldn't tell that already!}, and we try to go to at least one Reds game each summer. If you live around Cincinnati and you haven't been to the Great American Ballpark, it's a lot of fun and a beautiful view!
{my aunt Diane - one of my mom's sisters - and uncle Jeff}
It was a great game, we got free Reds hats {the one TJ is wearing}, and the Reds won!
Sunday was kind of a low key day...we had breakfast, went to church with my aunt and uncle, then cooked out with my aunt, uncle, cousin and cousin-in-law, and their 2 little boys. Boy oh boy, are they busy! They're constantly on the move and have so much energy! I tried to capture a few good pics of them, and I had to take a lot to get some keepers!
{Ben, he'll be 3 in August}
{Nolan, just turned 1 in April. He was having a lot of fun with my shoes.}
Considering it was 90+ degrees outside, we decided a little pool time was necessary. Only it was a little different....my uncle just finished painting the pool last week, and they were in the process of filling it up. Since it takes 3 days to fill up the 40,000 gallon pool, it was more like a little splash pool!
Even though the pool wasn't even half-full, that didn't stop us from a little R&R before the drive home. I can't wait to visit again later this summer and hopefully it'll be a little bit warmer then too!
What did you end up doing this weekend? Did any of you get to swim? Cookout? Sleep in?? :)
emily









No comments:
Post a Comment