Sunday, March 25, 2012

Vacation Recap {Day 1 & 2}

Well, I'm back from our brief vacay to Orlando, and -- as it always goes with vacation -- I packed far too much stuff, I didn't apply quite enough sunscreen, and it went by waaaay too fast. 

TJ and I flew down to Orlando Tuesday night, and we got back late Saturday night. I was supposed to work a full day on Tuesday, but I unfortunately woke up with a migraine that morning, so I had to take a sick day. I hate doing that, but I knew I wouldn't be able to focus, and that's not fair to my patients. I ended up being a patient myself later in the morning because I had to go to my doctor and get a shot of toradol and phenerghan to get rid of the headache. I get bad migraines, and although I hadn't had a really bad one for a couple of months, I think the smell from the spray tan I got Monday night may have brought this one on. Thankfully, the worst of it stayed away the rest of the week so I was able to enjoy my time off. 

The spray tan did look pretty natural, except for my hands, where I didn't get the barrier cream applied very well...oops. Thankfully the lines faded fairly quickly. My nails look good though, right? :)

My parents had been in Florida for a little while already -- first, at a {car} race in Sebring before driving to Orlando last Sunday -- and we joined them at their timeshare. We've been going to Vistana Resort for spring break since the late 80's when they bought the timeshare, so there's always a feeling of "going home" whenever we go visit. It's very close to Disney, so you get the benefit of being near all the attractions without the Disney hassle and price. 

On Tuesday night, we had thought about going to the Universal Citywalk to meet my parents for a drink {or two} after we flew in, but opted not to because of my migraine earlier in the day. Our flight was a bit delayed so it probably would have gotten a little late anyways. It was good to get to bed at a decent hour, sleep in, and wake up refreshed in sunny Florida. 

I started day 2 of vacation with coffee and breakfast on the screened-in porch before going on a walk with my parents. I really wanted to run, but didn't want to tempt fate and have my headache come back from doing too much too soon. It was a beautiful morning and couldn't help snapping some pictures along the way.

can't complain about that scenery while enjoying my morning coffee

palm trees & a beautiful blue sky

love their pools...there's about 7 of them to choose from

look familiar?

welcome home! owners for over 20 years!

pretty birds of paradise

After getting about 2.5 miles in, we headed to the pool for the rest of the afternoon. The weather may have been awesome here in Indy over the past week, but hanging out by the pool is something I couldn't do at home...




my dad and TJ just chillin' in the pool...

It did start to rain later in the afternoon, so that made us go in and get ready for our wonderful dinner out that night. We went to Jiko: A Cooking Place, which is one of the restaurants in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort. It's a little pricey, but well worth it if you happen to be foodies like my family. 


We had the Inguday Tibs in Brik and Taste of Africa for appetizers...I had the pork tenderloin, my mom had the duck, TJ had the short ribs, and my dad had the filet...all were delicious.


cool decor on the inside of the restaurant...Disney does it right





inside the hotel after dinner, trying to find our way out to the observation deck

outside the hotel

my mom by the fire pit

kind of a blurry picture, but these are pelicans sleeping...in the distance there were a couple zebras and 3 giraffes!

After dinner, we just relaxed at the condo before heading to bed to rest up for our day at Epcot on Thursday. I took tons of pictures there...I'll share them later this week!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

emily

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO FUN! :)

Courtney B said...

LOVE the pictures! And the pools... I just want to jump right in!
I am soooo in need of a vacation, ha ha!
So glad you were feeling better so that you could enjoy your trip!

Anonymous said...

i love the whole post....

but i can't get over that ring.

oh... my gosh.

 
site design by designer blogs