Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Vacation Day 3 {The Happiest Place on Earth}

Last Thursday, we did something that I hadn't done in a very long time...

We went to Disney. And we had a blast.

My parents and I tried to remember the last time we had been to any of the Disney parks, and it was probably over 12 years ago. Before our trip, we had kind of debated back and forth on whether or not to pay the big bucks for a day at Disney {it's $90 for a one day pass!}, but I'm so glad we did. We decided to go to Epcot since that was always our favorite when we were younger. It definitely has more of an educational take than the other parks, but hey, my brother and I have always been a little dorky {in a good kind of way...we're both doctors now!}. It was so much fun to go back and relive some of the same rides....sure, they may have been a little updated, but it still brought back a lot of good memories. We ate our share of good food there too...we went to the Biergarten in Germany for their lunch buffet, and it was fantastic. I took a ton of pictures, so I'll let them do the rest of the talking...








this ride was so much fun...the closest thing to a thrill ride at Epcot

waiting for the Test Track

love that baby blue Corvette




the Land of Imagination! I loved this when I was little {wait a second, I still do!}



inside the Butterfly garden







Mexico


Norway

the Biergarten

my dad with his 1L beer! Proste!


My grandpa and his wife Jackie joined us for lunch

Germany


Italy

Lady and the Tramp


My dad with the Cars

cool buildings in Morocco

Morocco

France

sitting in the middle of France

Beauty and the Beast

Cinderella

walking into the United Kingdom



fireworks to end the day



After 12 hours of walking around all day, we were exhausted, but it was a great day. If you haven't been to Disney in a long time, I highly recommend it!

emily

6 comments:

Mrs. Eckelmann said...

Loooove all the photos! My husband and I went to Disney World as part of our honeymoon, and although we got some (mostly good-natured) snarky comments about it, we had an absolute blast! Disney is definitely for adults, too!

Our hotel was in walking distance of Epcot, so we had many of our best meals of our trip there.

So glad you had such fun!

Anonymous said...

so fun! EPCOT is one of my favorite parks!

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun! And I love the firework pictures. I haven't been there in probably 23 years haha. I need to make my way back to Disney World soon now because so much has changed!

Alexa said...

So fun! Love your necklace too! :)

his little lady said...

oh gosh, all of these bush cuttings are so amazing! it's reminding me of Edward Scissorhands ;)
looks like SO much fun!!!
xo TJ

poptartyogini said...

Disney is just the best and I'm so glad you went to Epcot. We never did the countries when I was a kid and now they're a favorite. A vacation within a vacation!

 
site design by designer blogs