Monday, February 27, 2012

Weekend Revelations

Saturday: 3 miles in 33:55; 11:18 min/mile
Sunday: 3 miles in 33:40; 11:13 min/mile
Monday: 2 miles in 22:20; 11:10 min/mile

This weekend made me think and realize a few things, so I thought I'd share them with you on this Monday morning...

1. I miss dance. A LOT.

TJ and I had a rather memorable date night on Friday night...

Yep, we splurged on awesome seats to Cirque du Soleil's Michael Jackon: The Immortal World Tour. A few words to describe this show: awesome, incredible, breathtaking, once-in-a-lifetime. I've been to several other Cirque du Soleil shows {La Nouba, O, Mystere, and Delirium}, and this definitely is at the top. We knew the music would be awesome {come on, who doesn't like a little MJ?}, but combine that with crazy Cirque acrobatics, stunts, and dancing, and you've got one unforgettable show. Neither of us wanted it to end.


I was a bad girl and snapped a pic before the show started.
I wish I could have taken more pictures, but couldn't because it's copyrighted, and, frankly, it wouldn't do it justice.

We grabbed some food after the show before heading home, and I don't think we were home more than 10 minutes before we started watching old MJ music videos on YouTube. You can check out "Beat It" here, "Smooth Criminal" here, and a concert version of "Billie Jean" with lots of dancing here {fast forward to about 3:30 for some classic moonwalking}. You better believe that we had a mini dance party in our living room, complete with me trying to do the "Beat It" dance {somewhat unsuccessfully}.

So why does all that make me miss dance? Well, I'll be the first to admit that I was never anywhere near the caliber of Cirque's performers, not to mention the fact that I can't do acrobatics to save my life. However, performing in front of people -- whether it's an auditorium of hundreds or a stadium full of thousands -- is such a rush that is just indescribable. I love going to shows, and I always enjoy them, but there's always a part of me that wants to be up on the stage too. I don't think that will ever go away.

2. I'm an impulse buyer. Well, I don't know how much of a revelation this is, but it's true. I went on a few errands on Saturday afternoon for Keurig K-cups, a new hairbrush, and some stuff from Target. Some of the "extras" that ended up in my hands/bag/cart? A lunch bag, some makeup, a skinny belt, and some hand towels. Oops. My defense? They were all on sale. I can't pass up a good deal.

3. Pandora Radio is awesome. I've had the Pandora app on my phone for a long time, but just never got into it. Well, as I was finishing up my run on Saturday, I decided to log on and check it out. I'm hooked. Pitbull Radio? I'll take it. Talk about some great running music or just some fun tunes to dance to. I think there's going to be a lot more Pandora in my future.

4. Sometimes it's fun to get all dolled up. Once again, not really a revelation, but since I don't do it that often, I forgot how fun it can be to get dressed up for an evening out. On Saturday night, the hospital I work for had their Physician's Ball, a.k.a Doctor Prom. It's normally $100 per ticket, but since I'm still a resident, our residency program pays for us. It was a free night of fun with lots of yummy food, an open bar, and good company.

Photo Booth Fun!

Now back to the grind! Have a good week!

~emily

1 comment:

Hilliary Meisner said...

Looks like a great weekend! I am right there with you, I miss dance too!

 
site design by designer blogs