This weekend went by really fast. Come to think of it, I can't remember a weekend that didn't go by fast. Why is that???
I was pleasantly surprised by the doorbell when I got home from work on Friday afternoon. It was nothing other than a New Orleans King Cake from Gambino's Bakery, courtesy of Robyn, one of my college besties. I tore open the package and cut myself a piece before I could even take a picture of it. Some of the icing rubbed off on the top of the container, so it didn't look so pretty anymore, but it was still very yummy. Thanks Rob!
After having king cake for dinner, on Friday night, my mom and I went to see the Butler Ballet's Midwinter Dance Festival. {The Butler Ballet is the dance company at Butler University.} I had kind of forgotten that the show was this weekend, but was reminded of it Friday morning when I saw one of the dancers in clinic with one of our sports medicine faculty {the one who also happens to be the team doc for Butler}. After talking with her about the performance, I thought, hey I don't have anything going on tonight, so I texted my mom and we ended up going. There were five pieces in the show, and all of them were very good. A nice mix of classical ballet, modern, and there was one more jazzy-type piece that was very well done. I'm really glad we went, although going to a dance performance always makes me miss my dancing days.
On Saturday night, our church had a Mardi Gras party, so TJ and I went with my parents and some of our family friends. I had never been before because over the last few years, I've either been working or at the real deal in New Orleans. I couldn't help but wear one of my feather boas and bring some of my favorite beads that I've caught over the years. They had some great food {gumbo, jambalaya, cheese grits, and bread pudding by the same caterer that did our wedding} and great music. We were some of the last people there, so the DJ played whatever we wanted, and we danced away to "Party Rock Anthem," "Billie Jean," and "Club Can't Handle Me," among many others. I have to say, I had more fun than I thought I would. Oh, and it always makes me smile to watch TJ bust a move. And I'm serious when I say that my husband can dance. He can.
Sunday was filled with work {history and physicals at the Stress Center}, more work {a new admission at the nursing home}, a walk on the treadmill, and some relaxing with TJ. Hope you all have a great week....back to the grind!
~emily
Monday, February 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like an amazing weekend....and an authentic King Cake?! JEALOUS! Hope you have a wonderful week!
Post a Comment