Saturday: 5 miles in 58:10, average 11:38 min/mile
Sunday: Rest!
One word sums up this weekend --
SUPER.
{I know, totally corny, right?}
This weekend was Super Bowl Kickoff Weekend, and it was AWESOME. On Friday night, we went downtown for a couple free concerts - one by DJ Pauly D from
The Jersey Shore and the other by Bret Michaels of Poison. We also had some time to walk around and see the roman numerals and Indy cars up by Monument Circle. It was definitely was
Nothin' But a Good Time.
 |
| the zipline along capitol street |
 |
| TJ in front of the NFL Experience |
 |
| the location for our flash mob on Sunday...you can see the ziplines overhead |
 |
| BOO PATRIOTS! |
 |
| cool ice sculpture |
 |
| DJ Pauly D! |
 |
| all the Indy cars lines up with Monument Circle in the back |
 |
| yay Saints! |
 |
| this picture cracks me up...TJ and Matt "Tebowing" in front of the Broncos car |
 |
| me and Tiff with the Colts car |
 |
| Super Bowl XLVI Bud Light bottles |
 |
| pyrotechnics show outside the Fieldhouse before Bret Michaels |
 |
| "Every Rose Has it's Thorn" |
 |
| We were about 40 feet away from him by the end of the show! |
As we were walking back to the parking garage, Matt {my brother-in-law that works as a camera guy for one of the local news stations}, ran into a group of his co-workers starting to do a live shot for the 11 o'clock news. So what did we do? We hung out and got on TV! You can see the whole clip
here. {Watch for us when they pan towards the left.} Pretty awesome if you ask me.
Saturday started with a good 5 mile run on the treadmill, and I'm just so glad that my knees held out for the whole five. Not gonna lie, they were starting to get a little achy, but I did it, and it felt good. I rewarded myself with a nice hour-long massage. Actually, TJ and I got a couple's massage at one of the local day spas, so we both got a little R & R. After that and a really big trip to Target, we went home to get ready for our Second Look Party at Maggiano's that night. My residency program hosts a "second look" dinner for applicants that want to come back and talk to more people before submitting their rank lists later in February. If you aren't familiar with the whole residency match process, I explain it a little more
here. Basically, it's the twisted way a soon-to-be-graduating 4th year medical student applies for his or her first job {aka residency}. Anyways, it was a really good night with a TON of yummy food. Mmmm....
Yesterday was "Super Families" day at the Super Bowl Village, and it was the day of our Flash Mob. TJ and I went down with my parents and my aunt and uncle from Cincinnati, and we met up with another one of my aunts and uncles and three of my cousins. The sun came out instead of snowing like they had predicted, but, boy oh boy, was it windy! They actually clocked a 51 mph wind gust at Lucas Oil Stadium! Crazy! Anyways, we had our Flash Mob, and it was a lot of fun. There were a ton of people there despite the windy weather {a lot more people than on Friday}. I think it all went really well {based on what my family said}, and I'm definitely glad I did it. After the mob, we walked around a bit more, I got a t-shirt, then we had an awesome lunch at Harry & Izzy's before heading home.
{I'm in purple with a black headband with the white shirt hanging out.
Sorry for all the wind noise...like I said it was REALLY windy}
All in all, an amazing weekend. I think I need another one to recover.
Have a SUPER week!
~emily
No comments:
Post a Comment