Ever find yourself going through the app store looking for something good? Well, I did exactly that yesterday morning and came up with a few good finds. They may or may not help you with your New Year's resolutions, but who cares? Enjoy!
 |
| Free! |
Free online calorie counter and diet plan. Lose weight
by tracking your caloric intake quickly and easily. Find nutrition facts
for over 1,000,000 foods.
What I like about this app so far is that it's really easy to look up various foods. Before I downloaded this one, I was searching for an app where I could keep a log of how far I run each day, at what pace, speed, etc. This app isn't ideal for that, but it does have a space where you can write a note for your food and/or exercise that day. It'll suffice till I find a better running log or just end up writing it down on paper.
 |
| Free! |
I haven't actually tried this one out yet, but it looks really cool. I'm looking forward to trying some of these workouts on strength and cross-training days when I'm not going to be running. Basically, there are a bunch of pre-set workouts to
Get Lean,
Get Toned,
Get Strong, or
Get Focused, levels beginner, intermediate, or advanced. I think all the workouts can be done at home - they just require some free weights and/or a medicine ball. And there's even a "trainer" that talks to you and takes you through each exercise. How an app can have this much stuff on it and still be free is beyond me, but hey, I'll take it!
 |
| Free! |
I have to thank my friend, Alex, for showing me this cool,
free app. You can make cute little notes, cards, invites, and announcements by adding pictures from your phone to their templates, then adding a note of your own. After you make a card, you have the choice to text, email, upload to Facebook, or even snail mail to all your friends and family. How cool is that!?? I sent a little "Happy New Year" card to some of my friends yesterday...more fun than a simple email or text, and still free! I think I'll be using this a lot in the future....
 |
| $0.99! |
I was very excited to download this handy-dandy app to make collages with all my pictures. I did get Adobe Photoshop Elements for Christmas {Thanks Joe!} which I'm sure has the capability to make collages, but I just haven't found that feature yet. Anyways, this app makes it really easy to take your photos and create fun collages with 1-5 pictures, add a different color or patterned border, and round the edges if you want. I played around with it a bit yesterday, and this is what I came up with...
 |
| Christmas |
 |
| NYE |
....and there's probably a lot more where that came from!
H
appy Monday! :)
emily
1 comment:
I like imapmyfitness, worked well for jogging-tells distance, average speed, and saves the routes. Also free!
Post a Comment