Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Birthday Recap

As you know, yesterday was TJ's birthday. We both had the day off so we had a chance to relax and celebrate a bit. After sleeping in, eating brunch, and getting a couple mile run in on the treadmill, we ventured out to go see The Descendants before heading to dinner.


TJ and I both liked it....kind of intense, but a good storyline. The scenery wasn't bad either as it was set in Hawaii. I've never been, but I'd love to go one of these days.

After the movie, we went to Benihana for dinner, picked up some groceries at Target, then came home for dessert. We had picked up a piece of red velvet cake from the Target bakery, and I really should have read the nutrition facts before we bought it. For what looked like a single piece, there were actually two servings clocking in at 490 calories and 31 grams of fat apiece. Holy cow! Almost 1,000 calories for a couple inch slice of cake? Ridiculous. Needless to say, we didn't eat the whole thing...TJ only had a few bites, while I polished off the icing. Yum.

{clockwise from left}: TJ opening his cards & presents, breakfast, dinner at Benihana, and our 1,000 cal slice of cake

All in all, a great day. Today's my official last day of holiday break...time to get a few things done around the house!

Oh, and Happy Birthday to my aunt Denise today! Have a great Wednesday everyone!

~emily

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs